Saturday, December 8, 2012

Does Barry Manilow know that you raid his wardrobe?

I've been watching a lot of movies lately and I blame the universe for not being productive and procrastination. I kind of blame school, too. 

(I promise you that this will be the last time I'me gonna talk about movies in two to three days straight. I just felt the need to blog about this certain movie for it made me whisper to myself, "YEAH I DO" or "SAME".)


 The Breakfast Club (1985) is a coming of age story about five high school students of  different stereotypes. They talk about themselves and discover that they're all in the same boat, how they think about the world around them, what they think of the people around them and how they got to where they are. 


I now consider myself a fan of Allison Reynolds. She's eccentric, weird, a compulsive liar, and different. But hey, she's a good artist! And her transformation at the end of the movie is a total jaw-dropping scene. 

Also, I really loved the part when they were headed to John Bender's locker to get some drugs and they were running around the campus trying to stay out of Vernon's way and they almost got caught but John Bender being the "supreme" creature that he is, has his own ways. Then again, he's freaking John Bender. 

If you've seen the movie Easy A starring Emma Stone as Olive Penderghast, the scene above would be familiar. Well, that's John Bender fist-pumping the air for he has found/done/accomplished something. Just like Olive, I'd like to see that happen in real life. "He won the girl!" Forgive my poor imagination and interpretation of events. 

*Cue Simple Minds' Don't You (Forget About Me)*

"...and these children that you spit on,
  as they try to change their worlds are
  immune to your consultations.  They're
 quite aware of what they're going through...
        - David Bowie


(Considered to be the greatest high school movie of all time, I consider it now as my Greatest Run-away Movie of All Time or The Best Movie to Watch to Overcome the Spiraling Vortex of Lies and the Pain of Being a Teenager Fueled by Hormones.)











No comments:

Post a Comment