Thursday, February 28, 2013

Save The Day

Discovering something new on the internet is one of my favorites. I stumbled upon this very cool website. ThisIsColossal is an art-related blog that allows artists to showcase their creations and share them for the world to see. I don't even know how I got here but from what I remember, I was on Tumblr and I searched the tag "illustrations". And then voila, after a few clicks of desperation, I was graced by the lovely presence of these wonders. 





Bec Winnel is a self-taught artist from  Kiewa Valley, Victoria, Australia. She creates feminine portraits that are "accompanied by nature and nostalgia". Her works are mostly colored pencils complimented by mixed mediums such as pastels and paint washes.

I don't know about you but, her drawings are great. I can never do something like this no matter how hard I try. I don't know how she mixes everything up! Just look at it, how can someone be so delicate in shading every angle without ruining the whole picture? They all look so real! And look at their eyes. They're all human-like in a way and I guess that's what makes the portraits look so detailed and piercing. I don't know how she does it. 

See more of Bec Winnel

One word: patience. Madrid-based illustrator Gabriel Moreno made this illustrations accompanied by endless bands of lines. Come to think of it, he was determined. Because really, it's hard to create something like this especially when you're starting up with thin, thin lines. It looks like hair, yes. But in every portrait comes new shapes and angles that form new silhouettes of pictures. 



This portrait reminds me of Alicia Keys' song Girl On Fire. Also Katniss. 





Swedish artist Mattias Adolfsson is another patient artist. God, look at them. They're very full. The airplane pilots find themselves stumbling upon thousands and thousands of buttons, all thanks to the artist. These comic-esque creations are very well appreciated by our generation since you can see graphic art everywhere. Every detail is well taken care of by the artist's hand. 

Also, this made me emotional because I miss doodling awwwwwww.

And lastly! My favorite of all!!! I found her and I was never the same (naks). Pat Perry is the bomb. These are my kind of drawings, I don't know why. I fangirled the moment I saw her drawings and I instantly thought about using these drawings as an inspiration for my next drawings. I love how she keeps it the way she is. I don't know what I'm talking about but I think you know what I mean. Or at least I do. But whatever that comes into mind, I love her and she's now my favorite. She's very original and her works are indeed picturesque and quaint. 









I am very in love with Pat Perry. Click here to see more! 

No comments:

Post a Comment