Tuesday, March 5, 2013

The Weekend Warriors

Yesterday was filled with unexpected happenings and unplanned events, all thanks to Aaron and Lara. 

You know those movies with teenagers as the main protagonists? And the story is about this certain teenager stuck at home on a Saturday night with nothing to do. And one phone call changes it all. This literally happened to me yesterday. The original plan was to wait for Sam in ATC so we could go to Lara's place right after her game in Ayala. My dad dropped me off at around 12 pm and I strolled around for a while since I had nothing else to do. Then I headed straight to Jamba Juice because 1) they have wifi; 2) I want steel-cut oatmeal and 3) THEY HAVE WIFI! So I stayed there for a while. I was kind of frustrated because their wifi just kind of stopped working while I was busy doing "something". So I proceeded on reading Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist. 

Then Lara called and bam, things happened. They arrived 20 minutes (or so) after the call (Happy Birthday Aaron!). So we stayed there for a good one hour. And then Lara and I talked to Gab Mesina huhu. She's like the blogging goddess and Sam, Lara and I worship her. She said hi to me and Lara and I can't help but fangirl because she spelled my name right, even though it's obvious that she could've copied my name BUT STILL. SHE SPELLED MY NAME RIGHT!

Anyway, I convinced Jeromy to join us instead of finishing his Filipino thesis. I am such a bad friend. So we left Jamba Juice and waited for Jesse to arrive and we are now a company of four. Thirty minutes after, Jeromy arrived and YAY FOR FOOD! We ate at Shakey's and had a good time talking about everything and sharing our corny jokes. Sam arrived from Yellow Cab. Then she left Shakey's again. The she came back. It's like a pizza joint field trip for Sam, I swear. 

We went to Topman so Aaron could buy a shirt for himself. And it felt so rad because earlier that day, we went to Topman and the song was Next Year by Two Door Cinema Club. And when we came back, the same song was playing. I swear this is a sign. And we wandered around Nike, Sebago and Metro. I swear there were a lot of things like: The Seluma (just think about Sebago being old and ugly and you'll get it), the doppelganger floor, "Lining" and many many more. Inside jokes are the best huhu. (Not entirely sure if I arranged our adventure in a chronological manner but whatever, I had fun.)

Aaron and Jesse had to leave aww. So we group hugged while walking to the escalator. I'm not really sure if people were staring but I think they were because we looked weird, walking while we were in a huddle. Aaron's mom was so sweet and nice hehe. Sam, Lara, Jeromy and I were the only ones who stayed so we decided to go to Topshop. And then Jeromy and I looked at the lacy panties. It was very awkward. And then this shirt with a rocket ship. And then I tried this white dress on huhu. It looks pretty but it was very pricey. Plus, I think I won't use it often since I'm not a big fan of dresses. Sad. 

The day ended and so we headed over to Lara's. The song Mr. Brightside by The Killers would be a very good song to describe our adventure. Runaway also by The Killers and Young Blood by The Naked and Famous would be a great soundtrack for our day out. I swear I had all the feels because I felt happy in an accidental way. One moment I'm in a juice joint reading something and then bam, I'm with good friends. I love this day. 

I don't have decent pictures so I stole this from Sam and Lara ehehe:


 (don't mind me on the third picture huhu I look horrible ew)


I hope this is not the last. I would love to hang out with the same people again. I hope you had a great Saturday, too! I am so blessed to have these weirdoes as my best friends hihi.

_________________________________________________________________

We went straight to Lara's place and watched a movie. Geek Charming it is. And then we stalked people on facebook HAHAHA. I guess we were really tired because we slept pretty early. Which isn't normal because we would normally sleep at around 2 or 3 am. We slumped at around 1. I don't know. I was the first one to wake up and guess what, Lara and Sam were still asleep and I was very hungry huhu. 

And so when they awoke, we ate lunch and watched Ruby Sparks. Too bad I had to leave early. We bought some milk tea and then this happened:


God bless these people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment