Friday, February 15, 2013

An Open Letter

Dear iPod touch of mine with no name,
              I don't exactly know what happened but all I know is that we parted ways 3 weeks ago. It was very painful for me to accept, I'm serious. I was on the verge of killing everybody around me when I lost you. It was my fault, I know, but I couldn't help but feel bad and sad and lonely and VERY, VERY, VERY SAD. I hate myself. So much. I know you're not okay because your owner is not with you. I, myself, can feel it. Believe it or not we have this strange connection. Like a wifi connection. I'm not even joking. A part of me died when I lost you. Wherever you are, I hope the person who's handling you is treating you well. I'm very worried. He could be a person who hates charging ipods. I know you hate that. I hate that. God, I miss you so much. I regret not taking a lot of photos with you. This is your one and only photo. 
               Do you remember the first time you met me? I was in fifth grade and I was psyched. I would touch you now and then and I would fangirl inside because hello, I was eleven back then and I have an ipod touch WOW. Years passed and you were filled with a lot of songs. You were jailbroken/jailbreaked/or whatever. And then you were filled with bands I loved and I loved you even more for serving me with such good quality music. I never went to sleep without having a listen to what you have to say. Never. I swear it was like a fairytale. Then your sleep button gave up. But that was okay. And then your home button gave up on me, too. But that was okay. I was still very thankful to have you with me, clinging onto my palms.
                And now you're all gone. I don't know what happened but I wanted to kill myself when the truth hit me. You're gone. But I want to thank you for all the years. You never left me. I'm sorry for failing you, I really am. No one can ever replace you. Not even a fifth generation ipod touch. They may have lots of features but they're not you. You are very special. And you still are. I still haven't moved on, you know. And I never will. You almost had two thousand songs. And the worst part of it all was the fact that I wasn't ready. Of course, how can I be ready? 
                     I will stop talking now. I miss you. I love you. I'm so sorry. Ed Sheeran's "Sunburn" is playing and I can't stop thinking about you. CRIES OF DISAPPOINTMENT. 

Dear ipod nano from third grade,
                  Hello, how are you doing? I missed you. I am very sad because I lost my iTouch. And now that I have you, I guess I could go on. Even though your capacity only reaches 1GB. It's ridiculous. How can one stand one hundred and twenty-one songs? NO ONE. But I'm thankful because I could still listen to good music despite the small number of songs. 
                    I hope you bear with me. 

I AM SO SAD. 

No comments:

Post a Comment