Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Bucky Sunday

My dad and I finally fulfilled our dreams of being the next Jamie Oliver and Nigella Lawson last Sunday! I don't know what came up in my dad's mind but he suddenly told me to cook up something fancy and "indulge ourselves". It's been a while since we whipped up something like this and it felt great to just be productive in the kitchen and be all Nigella-ish the whole time. Despite the summer heat scorching through our house's windows, I managed to season the chicken with all those fancy and herby things without whining and complaining about the temperature. The Philippines is a tropical country and I know I have to deal with it or else the chicken will be ruined. 


 I named this chicken Bucky because the name fits him/her perfectly. Also because of the unsure identity of the gender. Bucky looks cute. 

 I then  boiled the potatoes so I could ~whip up~ something later and also because my dad told me to use it as a stuffing for the chicken. 

Not all potatoes made it inside, though. Sad.

Bucky looking good exposing the rear.  

 And so the potato legacy began. Haha. I cooked (or "sauteed", in Nigella's world) the potatoes and made up my own recipe. Butter, garlic powder and thyme. Ain't I the greatest? Joke. Anyhoo, it was a success. It tasted so good, I made a second batch hehe. 


 The sad part of this day was when I forgot to take a picture of Bucky when he (I finally decided that Bucky was a "he") was finished. He was cooked perfectly and he looked very good and tasty. Bucky tasted good, he must be very thankful in chicken heaven. 

I don't know why am I talking about this but I hope you had a lovely Sunday. 








No comments:

Post a Comment