Sunday, March 31, 2013

Biyernes Santo

Last Friday, my dad and I went to BGC to ~relax and unwind~. Also because Fully Booked hehe. We were surprised by the wide, unloaded road. There was literally no traffic and it felt so free. It kind of looked like a zombie apocalypse occurred. It was a very unusual sight because EDSA is this stressing strip of road filled with smoke-belching cars and all that polluting sight. Anyhoo, it was great because yay no traffic!






 We were surprised by the number of people strolling around the place. Little did we know that a solemnization of Holy Week is being held. BGC organized the whole place and they made it look like a museum of the life and death of Jesus. 
 This is the part wherein the place is filled with mirrors. People are asked to look at the mirrors and think about the fears that scare them or are scared to face. Pretty creative, though. 











From station five, I think.



 Alveo Corporation will plant trees! I think every strip of green cloth represents one tree. 




 This was probably the most genius ideas of all. People can actually share those pains with Jesus. I didn't try it, though. 


Station nine!
The red piece of cloth taken from the second station will be hammered in this big cross. It symbolizes our sins. 



These pieces of papers are all special prayers for the important people/loved ones.

I't's very nice to know that people haven't really forgotten about God. 



The con of this whole experience was the large number of people and the blazing heat. We weren't able to eat a nice dinner. We were so hungry we can't even function properly. We can't even get in since every. Single. Restaurant. Has. A. Freaking. Waiting. Line. Like, are you serious? But that was okay. At least I took a time out from everything else and at least I got to experience something different this holy week. 

If you're going to ask if we ever ate dinner that night, yes we did. We went all the way to Alabang to meet up with my family so we could eat a proper dinner. And thank the Lord heavens above, North Park was open. I was craving for Chinese food that time and I was so happy yayyyy. 

We then headed straight to Acacia Hotel to stay a bit longer with my cousins. This is my cousin Rian. She was asleep when we got there. Yes. 

And then we watched two episodes of Adventure Time. Only two because the parentals wanted to watch something different. Boo. 

  
The day practically ended and I felt productive. Fulfilled, even. I'm not that religious and prayerful but I do have faith in God. I'm glad I spent my holy week very well. I am very blessed to have my family. I hope you had a blessed holy week, too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment