Saturday, November 17, 2012

Trading Places

My dad and I went to Ayala Museum last Saturday. We weren't really planning to go there but I guess it just hit us that we need to check the museum out. Of course photos aren't allowed. So don't expect me to have photos of Fernando Amorsolo's pieces. 

Our first destination was the fourth floor with ancient porcelain pieces from a collector. There were lots of them, almost all in blue. There were pots, jars, plates, crucibles and some figures of men and women. I still don't know how they found those pieces. Excavations on certain places is the answer but HOW. 

Okay so we went to this exhibit, Crossroads of Civilization. Gold pieces are showcased inside a special room. There was even a movie presentation about the found gold in the Philippine Archipelago. Even the floor is surrounded with little pieces of gold that look like earrings. The movie presentation was pretty good; it actually made me want to try gold panning so I could have lots of gold and money and fortune. Joking. 

The whole room was full of gold, gold, gold and gold. Lots and lots of gold, I wonder how many concert tickets it could buy... So anyway, There were these little drawers tucked underneath every piece. Inside that drawer lies another set of gold. May it be ear ornaments, cuffs and neck ornaments, just to name a few. And the cool thing about that drawer is that it has its own magnifying glass attached to it. You can move it around the drawer so you could examine the whole thing and how beautifully the ornament it made. I think you don't get the picture. (I'm sorry but i'm really bad at documenting such things).

Then we went to the third floor. On it was Fernando Amorsolo's paintings. Ganito Kami Noon was the name for the exhibit and the whole room was filled with portraits of people and civilization like a family in front of a kubo on a Sunday and Dons in their fancy tuxedos  and Donas in their fancy dresses sitting on a chair. I wish I could take photos but it's prohibited to do so. 

Palay Maiden by Fernando Amorsolo (1920)

(I forgot the title of this portrait) by Fernando Amorsolo

Those were the ones I saw at the exhibit plus Zobel's work of art. He's a good painter as well. And he's great at creating gradients! 

Second floor was all about the Philippine history--from prehistoric to the EDSA Revolution. And the boat exhibit!!! It was my favorite of all. There were six vessels all in all, and the details look amazing. I wish I could take a picture, though. I'd love to go back some time for another trip!

I believe I still have to go to National Museum in Manila. I really, really, really NEED to see the Spoliarium in real life, even though the legitimate painting itself is in Madrid, Spain. I STILL NEED TO SEE IT. 

By the way I bought a new shirt from Forever 21. It looks pretty nice, I mean with the polka dots and the color red. Hehehe.


AND NO I WON'T ROTATE THE PICTURE. I'M SORRY BUT YOU HAVE TO TILT YOUR HEAD SIDEWAYS IN ORDER TO GET A GOOD VIEW HAHAHA.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After the trip to Ayala Museum, Glorietta and Greenbelt my dad decided to go to CCP. On the way there, the streets of Makati looked beautiful with the Christmas lights hailing the boulevard. So we took a picture of it because it looks so pretty hihihi.



We went to CCP for certain reasons which I don't know; it was fun. It's really is beginning to look a lot like Christmas. The lanterns and the cold air. The Christmas-y feeling you get when you wake up in the morning in it's still dark outside. The spirit. Everything about Christmas is inviting. 




Hope I could come back here reaaally soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment