Thursday, June 13, 2013

Love Will Tear Us Apart


"Bono met his wife in high school," Park says.
"So did Jerry Lee Lewis," Eleanor answers.
"I’m not kidding," he says.
"You should be," she says, "we’re sixteen."
"What about Romeo and Juliet?"
"Shallow, confused, then dead."
''I love you," Park says.
"Wherefore art thou," Eleanor answers.
"I’m not kidding," he says.
"You should be."

Rainbow Rowell's Eleanor & Park is one of the reasons why I think I'm gonna die alone, even though my music taste is exceptional. Kidding. Judging from the book cover, you can say that this novel focuses on the point of view of two teenagers exploring the music scene. And the fact that the story is set on the August of 1986 makes it all better and original, I don't know. Two young adults find each other weird and interesting enough to sit next to each other in the school bus. The other one falls in love with the ~other one~ and I guess you could say it's one hell of a story blah blah blah. 

OH AND PARK IS KOREAN which makes everything different and cute at the same time, although I don't really know how to explain it. There is no "Why the hell is Park Korean?" thing going on because that's just the way it is, Park is Korean. And can I just say that the root of all things between Eleanor & Park were comics and music and this glorious walkman!!! And the number of times Joy Division's Love Will Tear Us Apart appeared was totally exceptional, I don't know why. 

(photo not mine)


I don't know about you but the perfect Park Sheridan for me is this guy!!! I don't know why but I guess it's because I've seen him somewhere and the moment I read that Park was Korean his face suddenly popped out of nowhere and okay, JUST PERFECT. I forgot his name but oh well. He is Park Sheridan because 1) his hair; 2) his eyes; 3) HIS EVERYTHING.

Anyway this book gave me so much feels (I'm not even done reading yet!) and I think you should read this. I've been itching to read this since April and it finally happened so praise Jesus. 

ME WHILE READING THE BOOK NO SHAME 

I can't wait to finish this book and tell you what I think about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment