Saturday, June 22, 2013

Vast Colors

In which I write about my weakness for illustrations and their wonderful..... wonders. It's been a while since I wrote something about ~*art*~ and I'm glad I've finally found the time to do something productive other than drowning myself in stacks of schoolwork (I am clearly exaggerating but then it's called "schoolwork" and anything school-related is stressing and tear-inducing especially if you're a graduating student). Anyway, I have found yet another incredible place full of illustrations. I don't know why I never really appreciated this artist back then I mean for hell's sake, I've been following this person on tumblr since day one--literally, no kidding. I have no idea how I stumbled upon his blog, I mean I liked his drawings so yeah click here, "I don't know what I'm doing who is this", and then I followed him. 

And then I found out that he's a Filipino and then I had feels for a moment because it's not everyday you find an illustrator who creates such vast strings of color and yadda yadda yadda. robcham is a great comics artist and I'm not just saying, I am telling. I'd love to have his life as an illustrator but I don't think I'm not fit for the job because I'm afraid I might run out of ideas and my boss will get mad and fire me and boom~ no job, no future, no joy. 

Anyway, take a good look at his illustrations and engulf yourself in the world of colors~ 

I personally like this one because I love Disney-Pixar movies. Then again, who doesn't? 




I believe he made this one for Erwan Heussaff's food blog, thefatkidinside






And he also does promotional posters for events! They're all so cool and colorful and so alive I think my system's going to release glitters and rainbows.


I saw Manix Abrera's name and I think I'm about to cry because he's one of my favorites along with Pol Medina huhu. It's just that it's so ~magical~ whenever you see/read something about your favorite people being friends with your other favorites YAY. 

You should really start following Rob Cham on tumblr because I have a strong feeling that if you don't, your dashboard will die of boredom and dullness. 

I really want to be like him when I grow up but I'm quite aware of the fact that sitting here in front of my laptop writing things about great people will be the only achievement I'll earn in the future. I can't wait. 

No comments:

Post a Comment