Wednesday, June 4, 2014

SINGAPORE: PART TWO

Our second day was pretty much the highlight of the trip for me. We went to S.E.A. Aquarium and you know how much I love sea creatures. I woke up feeling all ecstatic like my life actually has a deeper meaning, HAHA. As usual we rode the bus. Did I mention that commuting in Singapore is one of the best things I enjoyed? It was such a breeze, we didn't have a hard time. You don't really need a car to go around the city! The weather was the same as in the Philippines but with fresher and cleaner air--making it more bearable.


Anyway, this was my first time to ride a bus with an... "upstairs" (I'm sorry I don't know what this bus is called omg). 


Once we arrived at Vivo City we rode this very cool monorail that took us to Resorts World. The place was wonderful and it's everything I ever hoped for this summer. I thought I'd be stuck at home doing nothing but coming to this place changed it all because WOW I ACTUALLY HAVE SOMETHING TO WASTE MY TIME ON? 


 Finally saw it in real life! I thought I'd only see this on the television and being here was gave me a lot of emotions because as a child I dreamed of going to places like these. Growing up ruined that dream for me--making me realize that I live in the Philippines and cool places like these only exist overseas. But I was here a week ago so GOD BLESS. I wanted to go in but we didn't because we were supposed to go here on the fourth day so...okay.

FINALLY HERE! Seeing it face to face was a ~special~ because AQUARIUMS! ARE! MY FAVORITE! This is a pretty shitty picture because I was so excited to go in hehehe. 

 I forgot the name of this ship and the man who used this ship I AM SO SORRY. It was so big in real life! And by big I mean...ginormous. I never knew ships could actually reach these heights. I am so innocent. 


 The entrance to the Maritime Museum! I loved the overhead features! ~Such artistry~. Plus I felt so proud of my Asian-ness. 

 The inner part of the ship. It's even bigger in real life, I swear I though I'd break my neck just by looking at those giraffes above me. ('Di ako OA, THIS IS REAL). 

AND SO WE ARRIVED. I literally just stood there and telling myself THIS IS REAL MOVE YOUR ASS IF YOU WANNA SEE MORE. Those sharks were so lovely. They were so peaceful and friendly-looking and I wonder why some people think Shark Week on Discovery Channel is an opportunity for them to see these creatures as monsters!!! 

 We went in and goddamn, was I amazed? This is my dream saying hello to my five-year-old self. I don't think words can explain how lovely this was. I was so happy and saying that would be an understatement because "happy" wouldn't be enough for me to convey what I really felt. This is very important to me.


 IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL IN REAL LIFE I SWEAR YOU'D BE SO THANKFUL YOU'RE ALIVE TO WITNESS THIS

 SO BEAUTIFUL YOU DON'T EVEN UNDERSTAND 





 Now if you're wondering why I don't have a picture of the biggest feature in the aquarium (if you ever heard of it), then I'm sorry because I was so busy marveling over the fact that it's right in front of me and I kept on hoping I could stay a few more hours just staring at it. If you were there I think you'd understand. My marine biologist dreams were fulfilled.


 We had snacks at Mcdonald's because it's like the cheapest place to buy snacks heh. 



 You know those water parks you see on TLC? I finally went to one! This was one of my favorites because like I said, I thought I'd only see these places on TV but then I was in this place for like four hours and I was so happy. We enjoyed the wave pool and the whirlpool ride. My cousins and I had a lot of fun and I wish all my cousins were with us aww. Too bad I only took three pictures. I was enjoying too much hehe.


The day ended pretty well and I felt so fulfilled. I was too happy because I was a mermaid and a dolphin for a day HEH. 


No comments:

Post a Comment