Wednesday, September 11, 2013

So...

...we're almost done with 2013. Give it four months and 2014 will burst out of nowhere. I know, it sounds so weird because everything happened so fast. It's like we're running 250 miles per hour and there's no stopping us. More often than not, unexpected things--bad things--happen. Believe me, it gets really hard. But I have learned something very important the past month. I don't know why I haven't thought of it in such a long time. It's living in the now that's important. Swallowing the moment's temporary atmosphere. Good or bad, it brings us something we will forever have inside: a virtue and a lesson. 

And so I would like you to watch this. It's a movie called The Spectacular Now. Starring Miles Teller and Shailene Woodley (both are in the Divergent movie, it's funny, I don't know). 

"Sutter Keely (Miles Teller) lives in the now. A high school senior, charming and self-possessed, he’s the life of the party, loves his job at a men’s clothing store, and has no plans for the future. A budding alcoholic, he’s never far from his supersized, whisky-fortified Thirst Master cup. But after being dumped by his girlfriend, Sutter gets drunk and wakes up on a lawn with Aimee Finecky (Shailene Woodley) hovering over him. She’s different: the “nice girl” who reads science fiction and doesn’t have a boyfriend. While Aimee has dreams of a future, Sutter lives in the impressive delusion of a spectacular now."


I'm not saying that planning about the future is bad. It's all about stopping and looking beyond. There's more to life than just to exist; you have to live. (Okay this sounds so cheesy and sticky and corny but I just have to let this out, yeah). 

Also, another movie! 

The first time I saw this movie... I cried. (Especially when Tessa came home form the hospital and her name was everywhere AND OKAY). Judging from the title, whatever happened in the past or what tomorrow will bring, it's always good to have now

Just don't be scared about the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment