Saturday, August 17, 2013

Do or Die: Part II

UPCAT two weeks ago. I was basically holding onto myself and telling myself that it isn't the end of the world, that I can do this and that, there are way too many chances for me to get in, hey stop doing that to yourself and blah blah blah BUT WHO AM I KIDDING. They said 83,000++ senior students took the UPCAT. And I wanted to go home and sleep because I can feel the pressure seeping through me and I JUST WANT TO ESCAPE. I wanted to cry and curse UP for the right-minus-wrong thing. But I can't do anything about it. "Screw it," I muttered to myself. I opened the car door and I almost fell on the slippery sidewalk. It was raining and I thought WOW IS THIS A BAD OMEN? My dad said the almost-accident took away the bad omen and that I'll do good.

And then I'm inside this room with white lights screaming that my terrible fate is nearing and that resistance is futile, I have to shade these oblongs. And so I did. It was worse than I thought but I managed to answer with pure reasoning. Trusting my instincts helped a lot so, thank you, instincts. I owe you. And goddamn, was Science hard?! My brain was jumping up and down and I was screaming inside. "What are vacuoles", "WHERE THE HELL CAN WE FIND THE MITHOCONDRIA", "do these phenotypes and genotypes really exist" "This is so stupid why do you have to know the speed of the car". 

And the rest I don't want to talk about. The five-hour exam is finally O-V-E-R over. I ate two barbecues to celebrate. This stall in front of Law Center sells good barbecue and I can see myself eating here. But then again, I still have to pass the UPCAT to eat barbecues. 

Anyway my dad and I explored the whole school for fun. One of the reasons why I want to study here is because of the number of trees surrounding the whole campus. It was amazing and so I took pictures. I felt like a tourist lost in a city. No, not a city, but a tourist lost in... her thoughts. (Wow so emo.)


The very famous Oblation. The moment I saw it, I told myself that I have to pass the UPCAT. There were goosebumps at the back of my head and I wanted to.... cry. I know, so melodramatic; so pathetic. This is my dream school. This will always be my dream school. I would have these intentional nods whenever I hear someone talk about UP. I would think about that glorious feeling. And just... okay. 




My birthday is on June 10th and I got all giddy when I saw this. Jack Barakat was born on June 18th, Pete Wentz on June 5th, my best friend, Sam, June 3rd. Magnificent things happen every month of June. I am blessed HEHEHEHEH.


can we all look at the traffic 


thank u america thank u so much

tourist photo #1 HEHEHEHE i felt so stupid when i took this photo oh my god but hey, my chucks look pretty, don't they? i love them they're my favorite
this place is so peaceful

tourist photo #2 hahahaha i'm sorry i just have to 

This is my favorite photo of all. I don't know why. I think it's the fact that you don't have to edit this photo...

COLLEGE OF ARTS & LETTERS. DID YOU KNOW THAT MY FIRST COURSE CHOICE IS ENGLISH STUDIES AND MY SECOND IS JOURNALISM? YOU DIDN'T? WELL NOW YOU DO. Okay so if the odds are in my favor, I'd be studying here and I would walk around here everyday and there are feels I can't explain. (English studies and Journalism are part of college of arts & letters right....??)

So yup. This is the prologue of my college life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment