Friday, January 9, 2015

color and cinematography

I went on a Wes Anderson binge last December because two weeks before the aforementioned affair with his films, I decided to have Margot Tenenbaum's haircut. So I googled potential hairdos and I somehow came across with the Wes Anderson color palettes. I love how hued and precise the palettes are, which speaks to how the movie was either shot abundant with color or is moderate on the chroma; but I loved every film regardless of the color scheme!!! 

I've decided that Wes Anderson is my favorite filmmaker, alongside Sofia Coppola and Bernardo Bertolucci.

Also, I decided to leave my long hair; maybe next time.

The Royal Tenenbaums (2001)

I really love Margot's characters that I am willing to chop my hair off just to don her straight bob. But I have wavy hair so maybe not... sad face. 

(Speaking of Margot, Gwyneth Paltrow is going to be on a movie called Mortdecai and I can't help but think of Richie Tenenbaum and his bird, Mordecai. Funny how I think the producers made it on purpose AND how gullible the idea is to think about because it's just a coincidence.) (Or not.) (Still hoping for the best, though.) 

 The color palettes also catch the shade of their skin tones, it's amazing. 

The Darjeeling Limited (2007)


I love how Jason Schwartzmann's roles on almost every Wes Anderson film depict a mischievous boy longing for something. 


I love movies that start with a dysfunctional relationship between parties but is cultivated to make it an *:・゚ *:・゚adaptive alliance between the characters *:・゚ *:・゚

This is my favorite Wes Anderson film! I think my adulation for the color blue did the job. The movie also made it clear that the Indian culture will prosper; the Indian funeral was very interesting!!!


Fantastic Mr. Fox (2009)
THE ANIMATION OF THIS MOVIE IS WORTH OGLING OVER FOR A COUPLE OF HOURS. It's very compelling how they made it work, because stop-motion features take a lot of time. They look very cartoony and it's amazing how the other props--the houses, the factories, food, etc.--look very real with a hint of a children's book style (well, duh, it's based on a children's book). 

Also I can't stop thinking about George Clooney. 



Look at this law firm. It's so real and cartoony at the same time. 

I want these as a toy so I could keep them!!! So cute ;___;


My favorite parts were the moving-in to the treehouse and the grocery store scene. Yes, it's because of the intricately designed settings and colors WAH.


The Grand Budapest Hotel (2014) 


This is also my favorite, alongside The Darjeeling Limited!!! And yes, I already talked about this movie on this post--in which I embarrassed myself on the worldwide web by having poor construction of words and trying too hard to sound like an expert. I was practicing my journalistic credibility, but I failed. NOTHING BUT A SECOND-RATE TRYING HARD seventeen-year-old girl with frizzy hair. 

2 comments:

  1. Si Margot Tenenbaum rin yung ginagaya ko nung nagcclip ako ng hair nung first sem, kahit fail kasi wavy rin hair ko :( :))
    teka iniba mo ba yung background ng blog mo haha I like it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cute mo ikaw lang nagco-comment dito :"(( haha yeah i changed it!! ako din i decided to leave my hair kasi wavy lol :'(

      Delete