Sunday, September 14, 2014

TATLONG ORAS NA AKONG NAGPAPA-CUTE SA'YO

There are hundreds of great bands hailing from every corner of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Some are still very active, some are hiding under the dark shadows of the limelight and some chose a different path. I could talk about these bands for a day (especially Up Dharma Down, eep) but will still end up talking about this one band. 

It was a big surprise when this came out two weeks (or so) ago since it has been more than a decade since they published new songs. It's like saying hi to a new friend who was away for a long time. I actually lost hope upon knowing that a lot of people got their copies on the same day it was released; and the fact that only a few copies are available per store. But god behold, my dad got his hands on this one. How he found a copy, I don't know. Thank you, Father Bernas <3

It's a big deal for me and my dad because we are such big fans of this band. Especially my dad, who has a special place in his heart for them. He'd tell me stories about his college life and the Eraserheads was probably a big part of that certain stage in his life. Also, he never failed to orient me to the bands he used to fangirl over. He even copied Kurt Cobain's clothing style back then. So I guess my punk side came from my dad? I am so cool. Lol. 

 Anyhoo, this is the CD with their two new songs. To be honest, I was expecting more but I loved it nevertheless. It still sounds like it came from Cutterpillow. And they are so faithful to their musical style! It changed a bit, yes, but it's a change where you'd still hear the 90's and the Magasin days. I only spent three years in the 90's but I can feel how the loyal Eraserheads fans--who've been there since the beginning--felt. Yes, especially my dad.

 I used to see a lot of their pictures from their London trip earlier this year and I thought it was only because they have a show there and because duh, it's London, that's a very important place!!! ...or so I thought those were the only reasons when I saw Ely's daughter, Una, post a picture of the boys taking a walk along the Abbey Road, รก la The Beatles! And there are photographers everywhere so yeah, something was up. I actually thought they'd do a reunion concert here in Manila after that (still hoping!!!) but they introduced this feature instead. Still genius, though. 
 Ligaya is one of my personal favorites! I'm really glad they chose this as the pillar for their comeback. and I believe Pare Ko is the lovechild of Ligaya and Kailan, haha. don't ask, just listen. I need you to agree with me after listening!


 The are indeed millennial; their music traveling from generation to generation. I'm glad I'm part of  that generation who was influenced by the previous generation by their music and musings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment